These homemade funfetti cupcakes are a party just waiting to happen! Easy to make from scratch, and they bake up so moist and fluffy.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 17 mins
Total Time: 32 mins
Keyword: Funfetti, funfetti cupcake recipe, Funfetti Cupcakes, homemade funfetti cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Calories: 168 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon scant kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with papers.
- Place the cake flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer, and stir on low speed to combine.
- Add the butter, mixing on medium-low speed until the mixture resembles damp sand (about a minute).
- Mix in the eggs, and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula to be sure all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Stir until fully combined.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pans, and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Plain Greek yogurt or buttermilk can be substituted. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can substitute by stirring 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or white vinegar into 2/3 cups of regular milk. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, or until thickened and slightly curdled.